Sunday, March 1, 2009

Trouble in Paradise........

The Love Story
Part Four

Speaking of being my date for my friend's weddings.....Carlos had attended one such wedding with me and we had a wonderful time! I was seriously starting to consider Carlos as a possible option, meanwhile still asking the Lord to divide us if he wasn't the man for my future. At the wedding, my eyes were wide open to how he offered to get me more food or punch and we just laughed and danced until almost everyone had left. Now that's a trooper! Most guys don't like even going to weddings, let alone, staying until the very end. He was great and hadn't complained a bit.

After my friend's wedding, we decided to change into "comfy" clothes and do our usual sushi and a movie custom when we ended up in a HUGE fight! I was so upset and surprisingly hurt by our fight, that I immediately realized how much more I cared for him than I ever thought. After much ado, I sent him home and I was convinced I wanted nothing to do with him. Not because our fight and his offense was a "deal-breaker" but more so because I had never expected this to happen with us. I felt very hopeless about finding my true love and thought that this must have been the Lord dividing us.

At the end of this particular evening, we agreed to disagree and Carlos asked us to just take a week apart to seek the Lord's will for our lives and once we talk again, he would have an answer as to whether or not we are going to pursue a relationship as more than friends, stay just friends or part ways indefinitely. In my hurt, I felt defeated and didn't expect anything to come of this break also because I didn't feel like the Lord had said "yes" to me in regards to Carlos and I having a committed relationship.

I started our week apart completely confused, hurt and feeling hopeless. By the end of the week, I was more clear than I have EVER been in my life and God showed just how big and how amazing HIS plans are for us if we are willing to see them. I started my week off by simply asking Him to help me see through His eyes and to see Carlos as He sees Him.

What I thought could NEVER be a beginning or any bit the fairy tale, the Lord through his sovereign hand made this a beautiful story.....

No comments:

Post a Comment